Access assignments here.
This page is under construction. I will get it cleaned up, but as I do so you can access the assignments by week from the menu to the right of the assignments page.
As you review the toys in the above sites record in your journal any ideas you can use in your toy design. Also, answer the following questions and write the answers in your journal:
1. What toys have been most popular?
2. What do popular toys have in common?
3. How are popular toys different?
4. Why do kids of certain ages like certain things?
Be sure to include the following things in your journal. You will be awarded 10 points for each part of the assignment.
1. Your first and last name, and period.
2. Statement of the problem.
3. Your own brainstorming ideas for a toy that teaches.
4. Ideas that you were able to gather online.
5. Answers to the questions above.
6. 2 or 3 possible solutions to the problem with sketches of your solutions.
7. Critique from another group.
Preparation for Your Edutainment Presentation
- Everyone in your group will participate.
- You will take 3 to 5 minutes for your presentation.
- There will be 3 parts to your presentation:
- A. Presentation of the toy. Show us your toy, and describe it with enough detail so we can understand what it is, what it does, and what it teaches. If your toy is a game, describe how to play it.
- B. Presentation of what you learned in designing and building your toy.
- Tell us what you learned about educational toys by doing this activity.
- Tell us what you learned about designing, organizing, and implementing a project.
- Tell us what you learned about how you learn.
- Tell us what you learned about how your group functioned. Did you organize your group with a specific task for each person? If so, tell us how that worked for you. If you didn't organize your group tell us how that went.
- Tell us what you learned about how you work in a group.
- C. You should also share:
- What you would do differently if you were to do this project again.
- What you would change in your product/design/idea if you had more time (one day, one week, one year).